Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hi everybody, this is kaela!!! as yall all know mom is doing great and hanging in there!! After a long day at the hospital yesterday i went back today at lunch and sat and talked to her. She is n a bit of pain today but i guess thats what happens when you get your brain opperated on!!! She was up talking, she had a full meal before i got there and she even got up to walk around earlier. Omie and opie were there keeping her company and waiting to talk to the doctor to see how the xrays went last night!! im sure all is good but offcourse we get to wait and see. It was amazing when i saw her for the first time yesterday, it was like nothing had ever happened if you didnt see the bandages. She was up awake, talking, laughing, asking were everybody was and what was going on with us that day!! Im pretty sure the surgery has caught up to her today because shes not so chatty!! but still sitting up and doing GREAT!!! My grandparents have been with her pretty much 24/7, uncle steven, dad, sissy and i were there all day yesterday waiting to see her and talk to her for a while, we thank mickey, debby and aunty liz for sitting with us during that impatient time.

6 comments:

  1. That is great to hear. Glad that she's in her own private room now, and not in too much pain. Any surgery is hard to deal with, but Mrs. Spence is one amazing lady and I know that she will persevere. My family and I are still thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers!

    Love,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, this is Barbara Burell from Uvalde. Veronsett has been keeping me updated about your health concerns and I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you and praying for your healing. God is Great and he is there for us. God bless you and your family.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear....Mrs. Spence....
    Last week on Thursday I went by your classroom to see if you were there. I was so excited to tell you that I had just finished my first year in college and wanted to touch base with you on different topics.
    I want you to know that when I was informed that you were going to have surgery I let some of my classmates know what was going on and for them to have You in their prayers that everything would and will come out okay. I am glad to hear your doing fine and I cant wait to see you and tell you about how right you were on life outside of Sabinal. =)
    God Bless You and your Family.
    <3 teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Krystal Cox Cline. I am glad to hear things are going well, we love you and wish you the best recovery. As I am typing this I remember who it was that tought me how to type.. LOL Stay strong! And come home soon.

    Krystal and Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Spence, I am so glad to hear you are your strong, chipper self even after such a hard surgery. We love you and are praying for you and Kenneth and the girls. God is GREAT! and will see you through this!

    Love,
    Cheryl Story Cockerell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Spence

    let me start off by saying how sorry i am on not keeping that promise of going to see you during the school year or at least keeping in touch for that matter..i heard what had happen and scared me and tore me apart i'm glad to see you are doing better well heck all of us are haha i hope those docs are giving you good food cause isaiah keeps telling me he didn't like it =), k Mrs. Spence you will forever be in are prayers we love you and again sorry it took me so long and under these circumstances to at least write to you sorry well GOD BLESS YOU ALL

    YOUR #1 FAN,

    Andrew (haha)

    ReplyDelete